In 2012, the average 911 operator salary in Delaware was $39,270, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, an extension of the U.S. Department of Labor. However, it’s worth noting that 911 operators in the Dover area earned significantly more, particularly when overtime has been added in.
- Rasmussen College - Justice Studies Programs offering a wide range of industry-relevant programs
- Utica College - Online Bachelor's of Science in Criminal Justice
This information was published in the City of Dover’s Total Compensation for Calendar Year 2012:
The figures provided in this study are a snapshot of the dispatchers employed at that time, so they are truly reflective of experience and seniority.
The actual hourly wage scale on which 911 dispatchers in Dover are paid is shown here:
- Step 1: $16.19 Step 6: $20.18 Step 11: $22.72
- Step 2: $16.93 Step 7: $21.10 Step 12: $22.94
- Step 3: $17.69 Step 8: $22.05
- Step 4: $18.48 Step 9: $22.27
- Step 5: $19.32 Step 10: $22.49
Here are some of the salaries among emergency dispatchers in Delaware: