According to NCWorks Online, which is a portal of the North Carolina Department of Commerce, the median 911 dispatcher salary in NC is $31,920. NCWorks Online does not have specific data regarding entry-level salaries or those who are more experienced. However, the U.S. Department of Labor reports an average salary of $32,380 and also that those in the top ten percent average $42,330.
- Rasmussen College - Justice Studies Programs offering a wide range of industry-relevant programs
- Utica College - Online Bachelor's of Science in Criminal Justice
NCWorks Online has reported the following median salaries by county for some of the most populous areas of the state:
- Mecklenburg County (Charlotte): $35,843
- Wake County (Raleigh, Cary): $36,333
- Guilford County (Greensboro, High Point): $38,547
- Durham County (Durham): $34,173
- Cumberland County (Fayetteville): $33,132
In Raleigh, North Carolina, 911 operators are recognized as telecommunicators and receive a starting salary of $33,919, which increases up to a maximum of $55,343. In Greensboro, the beginning salary is $25,579, and the maximum salary is $30,695.
The City of Winston-Salem offers the following salaries to its 911 operators:
- Public Safety Communications Trainee: $25,970
- Public Safety Communications Operator: $28,890
- Senior Public Safety Communications Operator: $30,780
- Public Safety Communications Supervisor: $48,570
The table below shows salaries by city for 911 operators in North Carolina: